Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Glasgow Green Park

It ended up being really nice weather for Rhys' last week of Summer Holiday. I was pretty much taking the boys to the park every day. It was fun, but I was starting to get a little tired of the park by our house since it was a 30 minute walk to get there. One of the days we decided to make a pack lunch and go meet Steven for his lunch break. We ate on the steps of the school, enjoying all of the sunshine. 
When it was time to say good-bye to Steven, we weren't quite ready to go home yet, so we decided to go exploring. That weekend we were planning to attend the World Piping Competition but we didn't know where the location was. I decided if I could find it and see if it was within walking distance to the train station we wouldn't have to take the bus. 
While we were walking Gavin ended up falling asleep, so when we finally found the Glasgow Green and saw there was a park, he didn't get to play. But, it was nice for me because I could easily stand be the sleeping Gavin and keep an eye on Rhys at the same time. Rhys just loved playing at the park. The big playground looked kind of like a Pirate Ship that they could play on. It also had some swings and a teeter totter. 
Rhys is such a friendly little boy, that he had no problem making friends and was really enjoying the playground. We stayed for 30 minutes and by that time he was red in the face and I figured it was time to go find some shade. We walked to the Toy Store so Rhys could read some books. (He prefers the toy store to the Library... I don't know why since he can't take them home.) Gavin woke up in the Toy store so he got to run around a bit as well. I ended up getting a call from Steven then telling me he was done, so he was able to meet up with us. It was so fun for him to get to ride the train home with us and definitely makes it easier on me. It was a fun day, and even though we still played at a park, it was refreshing to be at a new one. Here are some pictures of Rhys playing in the park, and of course one of sleeping Gavin. =)















1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how you get tired of the same park but the kids don't? The two parks by our house, which we go to once every week get very old for me but Liam still loves them.

    ReplyDelete