Friday, January 22, 2010

Halloween

We decided to carve our pumpkin the day before Halloween because Steven was going to be able to do it with us if we waited until Halloween day. It was very important that Steven be there since its his job to scoop out all the gooey insides of the pumpkin. =) Rhys went on a field trip with his preschool class to the pumpkin patch and picked out our pumpkin himself, so we let him pick the design for us to use to carve the pumpkin. He had so much fun helping Daddy and was very intrigued with the whole process. I'm excited for when he's old enough to carve one himself.

Gavin sat with me while we watched the carving being done.

As you can see, Rhys chose the Ghosts
That night we went to the Institute Trunk or Treat with my sister Kati and her friends. It was so fun for Rhys to walk around showing off his costume, and all the College kids thought that both him and Gavin were adorable. There was even a dance and Rhys got some of Kati's friends to take him on the Dance floor. He had a really fun time.

Halloween Morning I set up an appointment to get my haircut. It had been bothering me for a while, so I asked Steven to pick out a new style for me. I was really surprised when he chose the A-line cut, but he was really excited about it. So, I chopped all my hair off. I LOVE it and am actually wondering what took me so long to do it in the first place. =)


This year for Halloween Rhys went as a Vampire. He wasn't a specific Vampire, however, Steven was adament that people not think he is Edward from Twilight. (Steven is NOT a Twilight fan) So, I told people he was Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer instead. =) Gavin was too little to fit into the Dinosaur costume that Rhys wore his first Halloween, so we got him a new Frog costume to wear. He was adorable also and everybody thought they both were adorable.

Its a tradition for my Sister Kati to come with us Trick or Treating since she has come every year since she was in school. But, this is the first year that Steven has gotten to come too, so it was a real treat. Our friends Kaitlin and Matt were also able to join us so we had quite the fun time this year.

Gavin only made it part of the night before he fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment