Monday, January 11, 2010

Trip to Portland!

My brother-in-law Shane (And Steven's best friend) had wanted to see MacBeth since Steven started telling him how cool it was going to be. So, Shane and my twin Sister Kimmie were planning on coming down to visit and see the show. We were really excited because Kimmie had a little girl named Aftynn in July and we were anxious to see each others new babies. But, sadly Kimmie wasn't able to get the time off of her managing job and so she couldn't come down. Since she was more sad about not seeing myself and the kids then about not seeing MacBeth, we decided to do a spouse swap. Shane ended up flying down himself so that he could visit Steven and see the show, and Rhys, Gavin, and I flew up to Portland to see Kimmie, Aftynn, and Mazie.
We were really worried that we weren't going to make it because Rhys was so sick a few days before we went and he gave it to me. I ended up being hospitalized the day before we left so that I could get an IV to help with my dehydration. I felt much better after that and we were going to go full steam ahead. Then, at about 3:00 in the morning on the day we were schedule to leave Rhys was throwing up again. So after a lot of thought and prayer and constantly asking Rhys how his tummy was feeling (It was feeling happy) we decided to go for it. The flight was actually pretty good considering I had a 2 month old and a 3 year old all by myself. It would have been better if I hadn't been worried about Rhys the whole time, but he ended up making it there with no incidences.
When we finally got to Portland I found out that one of my suitcases was lost. We had to stay and fill out paperwork, but as we were walking out to the car we got a call telling us that it was found. They ended up still giving us a $50 flight voucher for our trouble, so that was really nice. It was SO fun seeing Kimmie and the girls. Aftynn was such a cute little girl, and we were surprised to see that sometime her and Gavin looked surprisingly alike.
We ended up taking the kids to get their pictures taken together and they turned out really cute. Not bad for 2 toddlers and 2 new babies. However, that night Rhys ended up throwing up again. The next morning he was back to his old self again so we went about having fun.
I don't know if Rhys just spread his sickness or if Kimmie would have gotten it herself, but on Monday she ended up getting sick and had to spend most of the day in bed. I tried really hard to take care of the 4 kids myself, but it was not easy with 2 of them being so little so my mom ended up driving down that day to help me. She had planned on coming down the next day with my older sister Lolly and her two kids, but with the sickness going around Lolly decided to stay home. We were sad not to see them, but it was really nice having my mom there to help.
On Tuesday Kimmie was feeling much better so we got to go have lunch and do some shopping with the kids. It was a great way to spend our last day together.
We had to leave at 9:00 in the morning to get to the airport on time, and by the time we got on the plane, flew back to Vegas, and then drove home it was 10:00 at night. It was a LONG day, but totally worth it to see Kimmie. It was quite the adventure and I'm glad that I got to share it with her. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment