Friday, January 22, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we weren't able to go anywhere because Steven was required to work on Black Friday. That just didn't leave a whole lot of traveling time so we decided to have our own Thanksgiving at home. Steven's brother Evan and his wife Leslie along with our friends Tasha and Eric weren't able to go anywhere either, so we invited them to have dinner with us.
We had all the trimmings, including the Turkey that Evan made, and the meat pastries that Eric made. It was all delicious but my favorite food this year was Steven's Sweet Potatoes that he made using his Mom's recipe. So Yummy!
This was the first year that I went into the Holiday determined not to gain any weight, so I took the time to measure out my food. It was a process but it was totally worth it because I got to enjoy all of my favorite foods and I ended up LOSING a pound and a half. Is it too corny to say "Yay me" right now? Oh well.. corny or not.. YAY ME! =)
After dinner we played the new Mario Bros for the Wii that Tasha brought over. It is so much fun to play, and since 4 people can play it at the same time everybody got to join in. Rhys even got to take a turn at it and he was pretty good for a 3 year old.
So, we're sad that we didn't get to see the rest of our families on Thanksgiving, but really happy that we got to be with so many people that we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment